Friday, January 12, 2007

Always Grateful...

--for the fact i have things to be still grateful for, despite the storm
--for my umbrella
--for the way you smile when you look at me
--for work that is fun...and comes with a paycheck (yeah)
--for taylor's new beau walking her home so he can meet the parents, he was scared shitless lol, but a gentleman nevertheless
--for chocolate fountains OMG! with strawberries, apples, and cherries...YUM!!
--for the secrets you hide w/in my curls and w/in my eyes
--for hearing the words i help you write...still beautiful to me
--for one of the hottest slams ever at Neo
--for understanding i still have options
--for knowing even when we are not speaking, we are a constant force throughout
--for playing auntie to one incredible lil man
--for seeing the growth, even with setbacks its okay, keep the steps moving forward
--for 5lbs gone! i'm doing it and doing it and doing it well!!
--for taking back the pieces i have let others feed on freely....taking back my power
--for knowing and understanding, it ain't about you homie...its about me
--for my new kimono...feels so good against my skin

5 comments:

unsaid said...

shoooot...chocolate fountains...YES!!! lol 5 pounds gone...go girl!!!

Did you say kimono? Ooooh, I would love a kimono! They're beautiful, I can just imagine how you must feel when you wear it.

Ebony Stewart said...

Umbrellas and babygirls beau...good stuff!

joey said...

ok...why we ALL postin our gratitiude late? lol!
beautiful... i musta said yes ma'am about 10 times!

Anonymous said...

I love your lists!! But I hate that I missed Wednesday but I am sick and didn't want to pass it to my friends.

CousinSarah said...

hahahaha....there is a blessing in the universe when you can say chocolate fountain and lost 5 pounds in the same post!!

heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

lol, thanks so much for the help auntie. ;)