Sunday, January 14, 2007

Random Poetic Thoughts...

i often wonder what it is you see when you look at me, for i no longer see my reflection in your eyes

fists of 'i love you' have left permanent bruises on my insides, passed through the thin looking glass of my mother, and her mother before her

men, sometimes can be so beautiful we forget (ignore) their ugliness

tell me nothing needs to be done...a man who won't ask me to be what he needs, but lets me exist as i am

you left me high within the notes

flow through me like water, cleansing the ebb of my soul, baptise me in acoustic holy waters, bless me in the half beats

you are a meal i am not hungry for, but i feed on you in bits as you feed on me in gulps, regurgitating this love affair

i am a woman freeing my voice

alabaster skin cannot hold the hues of gold you once cherished in mine, perhaps this is the reason you still visit your temple of the Goddess

i see her still, eventhough this life opened its doors to another world for her, closing quietly, as she joyfully walked through several years ago...my grandmother

ejaculated commitment in my mouth, so the action of my swallow would leave no trace of you to explain...to me...to her...or to yourself. so i swallow hard trying to stuff you past my reality beyond foolish heart, beyond truth burning in my gut

got me paying rent to stay in your heart and my ass is flat broke, but eventhough i try to relenquish this lease...you still will not evict me...why

ease me slowly, decisivly, and gently into your mind

God doesn't live here anymore

tick tock
yep

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

hmmmmmm. wow.

"got me paying rent to stay in your heart and my ass is flat broke, but eventhough i try to relenquish this lease...you still will not evict me...why"

Angel said...

ditto sarah! that's the line that had me scratching my head too! that's pretty damn fiyah "sexy poet!"

SLUMP FACADE said...

"ease me slowly, decisively, and gently into your mind,"

This makes the most sense...