Tuesday, January 30, 2007

i will not make any apologies for the woman that i am
or for the woman i will be
so please stop punishing me for loving you
i am not some child who if you take my toy away
will throw a tantrum or behave as you wish
"daddy, i won't do it again...
i will be a good girl for you"
under the circumstances i have been a good girl.
i think you forgot i was a woman
one helluva woman at that!
with needs and wants just like your own
please stop playing the role of the martyr
your pain is not any different than mine
and it hurts just the same
we just have different views
doesn't make you right
doesn't make me wrong
but i'm here still
like always
loving you
despite yourself
perhaps despite my own self
i may not be enough for you
or is it i am too much?
but i am enough for me
right now that is all
that is all
that
is
all
that
matters
you feel me luv?

5 comments:

Ebony Stewart said...

Strong message! Good stuff.

joey said...

shelle, your writing still amazes me... i was watching MULAN (with aubrey of course..cough-cough)and the emporer said something that made me think of your words... "the flower that blooms in adversity is the most magnificent of them all"

it's beautiful...the last lines remind me of something you'd lean over and say to me after letting me read your poem ;-)

Angel said...

"i will not make any apologies for the woman that i am
or for the woman i will be
so please stop punishing me for loving you"


GIRL! if i had a penny for every time i've had to say this to a guy...

Nikki Smith said...

(i am not some child who if you take my toy away
will throw a tantrum or behave as you wish
"daddy, i won't do it again...
i will be a good girl for you"
under the circumstances i have been a good girl.)

i like this part alot. i haven't been on here in a while but as always i love ur writing. i'm still writing- for this new year i wrote two. hopefully i can come see u all during spring break again. love ya

Shelle said...

eb, thanks

jo, wow...yeah...i have always kept your words close. you touch so much more than you know.

angel, lol u silly...but i know you feel me

nikki, hey girl! thank you for your words and hope you can make it this way. glad u r still writing.