Friday, March 02, 2007

Okay I'm A Lil Late, But Always Grateful Just The Same

--for my new computer with high speed internet YEAS MA'AM (i still love you dinosaur, just want be using you very much)
--for new pieces off book
--for coming in second in wednesday's slam....felt good...and is sure don't mind losing to that BAD AZZ POET
--for new poets
--for new pillowtop queen beds...ahh can u say no more back or neck ache...and being a lil closer to him
--for big pillows to rest my head
--for loving my thickness
--for my hair being process free for 2 years now....and i love what was under there
--for getting 3 pairs of pants and 2 sexy shirts from lane bryant, after all the discounts and coupons......$11.86...WHAT!!
--for you needing me, and me being able to comply
--for pluckers, brownies, dip sticks, late night calls and laughing 'til it hurts
--for getting through some more baggage...always through writing
--for Angel's beautiful smile....infectious...glad u r feeling better...we need to go back to vegas!
--for all the beautiful women of neosoul...all so different, but very much the same
--for strength
--for prayer...nuff said

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Luv!!

I'm learning to appreciate my thickness- my body. I know we women can think of many things we'd like to change about our bodies. But I'm loving me just as I am!

Strength and prayer!!

Angel said...

hell yes for the new computer! leave dinosaurs in the damn museums!

new pieces and new poets are ALWAYS a very good thing!

i love my thickness too!

hell to the double damn yeah for deals at lane bryant! sometimes they are just TOO damn expensive for their own good!

pluckers? YES!

my smile is infectious? THANKS! :-)

the women at neosoul are indeed beautiful...ALL of us! well...some of us are a little more beautiful than the others, but still ;-)LMAO

Shelle said...

ub, loving me just as i am...yes ma'am!

angel, lol i'm a kid in a candy store with this new one...feeling all fancy. and yes indeed beautiful we ALL are.

Ebony Stewart said...

You were definitely too cute in your outfit on Wednesday! And the slam was made cool! Oh and I like the new poem you did that night too