Monday, March 26, 2007

If...


see you should be mine
because i hold the predescribed plans to your many fantasies
your appetite is not yet satisfied
since
well ...
you haven't tasted me
yet...
and i don't just mean sexually
no
that would be too easy
so ease me
slowly
decisively
and gently into your mind
with purpose
with satisfaction
with engaging conversations.
we can write love letters on restaurant napkins
then wipe our mouths to taste the sweetness of our words.
if you were mine...
there would be a need
for nothing
because by the time you know what you want
i would already have laid it at your feet
the place where i will be
...is there anything else my majesty?
it would be like that, you know...
drawn bath water to ease your hard day into
hands massaging struggles away
writing lyrics across your shoulders in deep stanzas
tracing cleft notes across ear lobes
to beckon deep moans
yeah like that....
come lay your burdens down
right here
between these palms
and i will base stitch them into seams of yesterdays.
if you were mine...
i would remind you everyday of what it is to be
a man...
my man.
dance me gently across your thoughts
to caress every word
every picture
allow me to sit within your mind
and ponder just to hear you think
just to see your dreamscape
then pirouette down and whisper lullabies into your heart
yeah...
if you were mine...
would you paint me into rainbows and shooting stars
as i paint you into warrior and king?
encircle my life with your love
and hold me like God holds a newborn's breath?
give life to my day
and dreams to my night?
would you?
i promise to be your soft place to fall
come be at peace within the folds of my wings
as i kiss the tip of your chakra
which one?
pick one
i will kiss them all
see, there is an empty space in my heart
not for what i lack
but where God carved out space for you to occupy
and when he sent you to earth
your heart was bigger than most
because
he had already given you the piece to mine
so yeah...
i've been holding your heart and soul in my life lines
for awhile now
can we hold hands and have destiny meet?
hi, my name is michelle desiree
what's yours?

7 comments:

layne bowden said...

OH MY DAYUM!!!

fa real, shelle... this is PURE HOTNESS wrapped in truth and i am diggin' it deep, my dear!!

i told you that damn pen of yours was wicked. i think i'm bout to go burn my notebook!! (LOL)

i LOVED this! i hope you don't mind; but i'll be over here reading this one again and again and again in the future!

happy monday, momma! have a magnificent week!

peace.

Blu Jewel said...

I was speechless when i first opened your page...then the words gotdayum spilled from my lips. i read the poem and just swooned. good stuff!

Shelle said...

jus b, lol...u know you ain't coming back over and over to read my poem LOL...shoot i'm not mad at you...i keep looking too

blu, thanks ma...delicious isn't he

Lyrically speaking said...

My goodness, the picture is enough to cause salivation and the poem is on "fiya", simply sweet

Angel said...

NO shelle! looking all scrumptious like that on them white sheets is proof enough that he should be MINE!!!!

Shelle said...

lyrically, isn't he though lol

angel, wait in line LOL

CousinSarah said...

Angel--I might have to fight ya for him! Cause he is kinda makin me lose my mind and forget who I am...

Nice piece too love, it was hard to get thru the words at first with that fine ass (literally) just lookin at me...lol