Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

i didn't get a chance to make my rounds yesterday, the family was out of town for the weekend...so a day late, but heart still in it ya know.
so i hope it was a blessed day for all, whether you have kids of your own or take care of others as if your own...Happy Mother's Day!
i held my 3wk old niece for the first time
her beautiful brown skin, teensy tiny fingers, and angelic face just made me tear up and my womb ache. i held her so long, everybody was like you are going to spoil her...SOOOOOOOOO WHAT!! she is 3 wks old! lol
anyway, said a silent prayer for her, then laid her down on her satiny pink blanket..oh did i mention she was already sporting nikes LOL...OMG!!

It is true
I was created in you.
It is also true
That you were created for me.
I owned your voice.
It was shaped and tuned to soothe me.
Your arms were molded
Into a cradle to hold me, to rock me.
The scent of your body was the air
Perfumed for me to breathe.
---------Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Angel said...

i remember when i first saw my nephew...i felt just like you do about your niece...