Monday, May 08, 2006

B Fran's Writing Lab...phase 1

Poetry is...picked the words piece, know, around, and cry

Poetry is like water
contains the essence of life
feeds and nourishes the body
without either
i cannot exist
my pen knows me
better than
i know myself
always keeping me in check
within myself
poetry will cry for me
when i won't allow a single tear to fall
it rebuilds
piece by piece
redraws lines to cross
pushing past boundaries and stereotypes
i and soceity have created
like water it pulls me deep
rehydrating hungry cells around my world
poetry is my baptism.
_______________________

Poetry is nothing to be played with
do not take it lightly
for it will haunt heavily
will have you crying from places
thought locked away
will have you up all night
trying to write a piece
refusing to let you sleep
words and phrases will seep around
thru ether spheres like whisps of ghosts
ever fleeting
you will become poetry's pawn
hopefully not writers block's queen
a game without rules
so play at your own risk
create pieces to play with
but do not temp poet gods with trangressions
knowingly place words of sacrifice
with respect
and simple truth
parchment lines will be rewarded with treasures beyond belief

2 comments:

Angel said...

i was almost jealous of the way you flipped the two pieces boo. i really appreciate how much you (and the writing lab) effect my growth. with words like these, im just trying to keep up! ;)

joey said...

Poetry is nothing to be played with
do not take it lightly
for it will haunt heavily
will have you crying from places
thought locked away

shell-E, shelle... love this line, and Angel, trust...we're trying to keep up too!