Thursday, June 01, 2006

i die a lil more each morning
i turn and see your face
or the imprint where you layed
so i cover my face with wishing pillows
to conceal my heart in darkness

words unspoken stick in my throat
like barbwire sectioning land
no freedom
no free range
screams held back by tiny fingers
scratch the insides raw

i look back and see yesterdays so sweet
see 2 different versions of me
the one who once loved you
and the one who loves me more
still imprisoned by both

i stir my morning coffee
with spoonfuls of you and me
doesn't taste as sweet anymore...
perhaps its time for tea

4 comments:

Angel said...

you already know that we rae kindred spirits on the same journey right now...the two stanzas that stick out most to me are:
"i look back and see yesterdays so sweet see 2 different versions of me the one who once loved you
and the one who loves me more
still imprisoned by both"

and

"i stir my morning coffee
with spoonfuls of you and me
doesn't taste as sweet anymore...
perhaps its time for tea"

i swear, i couldn't have said it any better myself. maybe with the help of you and kim's blogs, i won't even have to say a thing!?!?

joey said...

wow...
love you much

bRandy said...

i really like this michelle...simple, yet oh so powerful and real...

SLUMP FACADE said...

Reads like you are peeling out of your cocoon. "...words unspoken stick in my throat like barbwire sectioning land," SUPER MF SIMILE!