Thursday, October 18, 2007

Grateful Thursdays...


--for Creator & She...i am listening
--for believing still in magic
--for coming together as souljahs(its what a souljah is, right!) and making it happen
--for the man outside the venue with his words and his tears, thank you for making it worth while...it only takes one
--for realizing you are still very young, and have a lot to learn...but that is what life is all about
--for love
--for patience with self
--for 6 months away from my 40th..already planning the 2nd part of my life...wow 40
--for a chance to host on a very hot night...i pray i do well...and leave shelle at home lol
--for one helluva poet asking me and another to go on the road with them next year...like duh!!
--for life and all its curve balls...i got my mitt on...keep 'em coming!
--for you asking to borrow my pen, i never know what to say to you 'cause i don't know how you feel about me...forgive my silence
--for my younger brother keeping me laughing...damn i love him
--for my oldest working her ass off at the new job...so proud...we are getting better...she is calming down a bit...God is good allllll the time
--for the cuddles i still get from my son, but no to the kisses in public *sigh
--for coming out of the darkness a lil bit more today...still reaching for the moon
--for you coming out when i know you don't want to lol..love you
--for loving who i was, am, and will be...and that i get to recreate myself daily
--for choices

4 comments:

my coffee is always said...

sorry i missed the slam, allergies got the best of me. will be there tonight for the hosting debut, suffering through the smokey haze, am i making you feel guilty? and it's something about being a souljah. i do remember the magic of it, and hate i missed it last night.

joey said...

i cried through this list baby... i'm sorry for the darkness, thought you only needed one cocoon to become a beautiful butterfly huh? you've grown so much, we've grown... love yourself through it babygirl... as i will.
kiss you,
joey

Copasetic Soul said...

im glad you are coming out of the darkness. the moon is a beautiful thing to reach for!!

Anonymous said...

thank you for letting me borrow it... i never know what to say to you either but i've wanted to say something for a while. pain is a motha sucka though... and we've both had our share of it in this lifetime...

i hope you'd forgive my silence as well. i would be willing to consider a truce. : ) you?