Tuesday, October 23, 2007


--image "Beyond Midnight" by selladohr

i don't always want to wear this crown
or be what it is i have deemed myself to be
reigning over self often causes mutiny
standing ground with my own back
hazy clouds deny reflection
my gaze is foggy through the pane
squeezed lids provide tunnel vision
but a better focus

pressed palms against life to leave imprints
careful not to increase cracks left by thrown stones
still i push the envelope
leaving drops of blood to seal the deal
enemies have acquired the sweet taste
they thirst often
i keep extra in the fridge for needed transfusions

i am not a martyr
nor a victim
cancelled roles bid for reruns
nostalgia tv
turn the channel

somedays i don't want to wear this crown
so i let it slip onto fingertips
diamonds cutting flesh
flesh cutting diamonds
skin has toughened

press face closer to the pane
feeling dampness of kisses needed
blow out life
secret messages revealed
left behind eternity ago
for days like these...

1 comment:

Angel said...

"i don't always want to wear this crown
or be what it is i have deemed myself to be
reigning over self often causes mutiny..."


sounds like you're telling my story...better yet, strumming my pain with your fingers and (writing) my life with your words actually...