Friday, April 14, 2006

Lunatical Ramblings Again...

did i say "lunatical"...not sure if a word, but you know poet's will make up some words.

an elderly woman in cali, received a ticket for WALKING too slow across a street. yes i said WALKING TOO SLOW....like are u serious? she should of knocked the police over the head with her purse...at least the ticket would of been worth it then!

i was tagged recently, but sorry i can't do the hiphop list. i'm not much of a hiphop head, and ashamed i don't know most of the ones listed. though sarah is schooling me. lol. i am a lil older than others in my circle, and i grew up more in the r&b/smooth sounds of motown and funk...like maze, marvin, rick james, kool & the gang, gap band, parliment, isley brothers yeah baby. swaying my body now just thinking about it.

kids are gone for the weekend. means we can run around naked and holler and scream while having mad passionate sex!!
SSSSHHHHYYYYTTTTT!!forgot my father is in the other room!

Dear God, its me shelle, could you please find my dad a job that actually pays him about every 2 weeks, instead of chasing get rich schemes. cause he ain't getting richer, and he needs his OWN place. its a lil weird having sex knowing your dad could hear you. i would really appreciate it. oh yeah, God, thank you for all the many blessings you have already bestowed on me.

never understand poets who pout or get pissed when they don't come out on top during slams. they immediately leave the building or go sit in a corner. i understand being disappointed and hurt. but you just never know what factors are against you. never know what the judges think or who they are. maybe you are just not that good against your opponent, whatever the reason. so why get upset really?
i have been to enough slams and my eyes have been opened to alot. i see the poets who are in it for the glory, for the praises and hugs afterwards.
i see the ones WHO DO NOT WRITE FOR THE PASSION OF POETRY, BUT ONLY FOR THE STATUS SEEKING OF SLAMMING. and it saddens me. i understand now why a fellow poet recently warned me about what she calls the SLAM MONSTER, he will eat you up and take away all that is good inside of you.
you can't win them all, its okay if you don't. but learn from it. still respect the other poets by listening to them and talking to them.
maybe if you listen, you will be inspired to write something ....different.

hmm, guess that lil thought could of been a whole other blog entry.

i miss my kids, and if they don't get back soon, the only thing left in their easter baskets will be a one stuffed bunny and a whole lot of yellow and green grass!
that time of the month for me (sorry guys tmi, i know)and chocolate is not safe around me whatsoever.
computer desk is covered with mulicolored silver wrappings right now!!

I'm so pathetic!!

7 comments:

Angel said...

i have been lucky enough to be surrounded by a circle of AMAZINGLY AWESOME poets and thus i havent had the unfortunate opportunity of running into the "slam monster." but i do understand how easy it can be to get so caught up in the moment that the only way for you to be authentic is to...continue being the ass that you've been hiding so well while on the mic!!!!

SLUMP FACADE said...

I've yet to interact with poets on a slam level in person so I am unfamiliar, however, there are plenty who think they are God's gift to prose -- they are mistaken! You are not pathetic, however, you are wrong for stealing from your kid's easter baskets...

Shelle said...

Angel, yes we are surrounded by some amazing poets, i thank God for my neo family everyday.

Slump, yep yep many believe they are...both young...both old, and both are truly mistaken as you say.
lol, i left the kids some candy LOL...had to make a run to the store to replenish!!

Unknown said...

very beautiful! tahnk you for sharing. You've made me very happy!
word veri is shefknj

CousinSarah said...

YOU KNOW YOU GOTS SOME HIP HOP LOVES. :)

Girl I know, "the easter bunny" gave more toys than candy this year. :)

I am plian scared of slamming. I dont know if the slam monster could take me over cause I really really have a hard time wanting to compete with peices. SOem for poetry and some for self fear. :)

bRandy said...

i am with you michelle...couldn't do anything with the tag...guess my youth is showing up--i know most of those songs if i hear them, but i'm more of a neo-soul kinda girl...and growing up with the white side of the family, know a lot of elton john, phil collins type stuff too...lol

Nikki Smith said...

well i jus stopped by to say... love ya, okay bye