Tuesday, July 11, 2006

When i don't talk to Him often or stay on the path He has blessed me with, He will lovingly remind me, "Child, where ya been? Come to me not only in the bad times, but good times, too."
thank you
I recently went to a Yolanda Adams' concert which in itself was a shower of blessings, but was reminded of what God truly KEEPS US FROM.
We keep Him busy fo sho!
One point emphasized was if you really want to see His power...ask Him to show you the true nature of people around you, but be ready for what He will reveal to you. be ready for all the pain and ugliness.
I want to throw my rose colored glasses back on and return to my psuedo naivete.
He will even show you what He keeps you from in your OWN family.
hey i asked for it...
so what now?
skin grows a lil thicker
i still will love hard
just love my self harder
still believe the best in people
and hope people see the best in me as well
don't forget what i am here for
don't forget who REALLY IS IN CONTROL
and really believe the words "no weapon formed against me shall prosper"
----------------
we have a night off from practice. yeah! we have been working really hard!
everyone will actually be home this evening at a descent hour, which means i can work some of my magic in the kitchen for a change.
i love to cook, even more so for others.
yes, i am a pleaser ..both a good thing and my downfall. oh well

5 comments:

Angel said...

as my Daddy said to me before: sometimes, at the end of the day, we all go back to God. no matter where you've been or how long you've been gone, you always come back...

joey said...

do what you do shelle....do what you do.
on another note... no you didn't say "hit it from the side" on the soul report!!

Intelfetish said...

Powerful, I don't know if I am ready to be exposed to the ugliness around me; especially within my family...

Shelle said...

angel, exactly...or He has a way of bringing u back lol

jo...haha u know i did!! just can't let it go

intel, yep not pretty...but just shows the awesome power of the Universe

SLUMP FACADE said...

"...I still will love hard
just love my self harder still believe the best in people and hope people see the best in me as well," I can appreciate this statement, however, I don't look for the best in people. I observe; the real will eventually come to the surface when it does I either embrace or reject -- nice and simp!