Friday, July 14, 2006

screams heard in the forethought
of a splintered mind
a crescendo of echoes
fade into the afterthought
tucked
again
neatly away
within corners of a smile
the edges becoming heavy
so grandmother comes at night
collecting diamonds left on pillows
threading tear ducts close
a sweet whisper finding its way
through dream catchers
"don't forget where you come from"
--------------
i wrote this thinking of my grandmother, which i do frequently...but moreso this time of year since her birthday is coming up. its been awhile since she has been physically gone from this world...but i know she is always with me...reminding me...still teaching me.
i know she is proud of what i am doing now
she was a helluva woman
wish ya could of met her

4 comments:

Angel said...

my granny means so much to me... i find myself getting teary-eyed whenever i think about when/if she is no longer here...

Mahogany L. Browne said...

grandmas are uber cool...

Xave said...

I've always felt deprived because both my parents were orphans. This is very deep and very sweet. I will be back.
Peace n Love,
-XP

Anonymous said...

This poem is beautiful! Loved it. There's nothing on this earth like a Grandmother. I'm blessed to have both of mine still alive.