Wednesday, November 02, 2005

the heart of a son

it is amazing what 24hrs can do for the soul. i mean if u at least give yourself that option to hang on just a lil bit longer.
and i did
my son
sigh
he is such a beautiful soul. an amazing kid. if i can say so myself. sorta partial ya know. his sense of humor is insane. quick witted and smart as a whip. always has had a fascination with numbers, especially time.
time.....can be stolen away, make u or break u, never enough
i digress
very sensitive child though, gets a lot of flack from his sisters. hard being a boy in a house full of women.
never forget when my own father called him a punk. i went the hell off!! came close to calling him out his name. forgive me. needless to say, he won't refer to his grandson as a 'punk' again. and if a punk means being sensitive to the world or likes picking his mother flowers. or still snuggling with me even if he is 11. or likes brushing my hair....then shit a punk we ALL should be. dont get me wrong i worry constantly of his acrobatics, just how does he move his body like that. he would love dashade. he will stare any perceived enemy in the eye, does not backdown for anything. scary how he looks inside of you. and don't put any game controller in his hand. he will have u crying to your own mother for help.lol.
my son
he grabbed me last night and just held onto me, as if he knew my pain inside. he said mommy u r so soft and i love the way u smell. blush. i love u. i love u too mommy. u r the best mommmy in the world. i laugh. i am the only mommy u have. i know, but if i had another one, u still would be the best.
sigh
sigh
my son
my legacy
my heart
my reason

2 comments:

bRandy said...

how could he possibly have been anything but a beautiful soul? the heart of a child is in his mother's eyes...and in your eyes i have only ever seen a beautiful soul.

CousinSarah said...

Boy lovin' to thier mamas is like the best feeling ever. The other morning J gave me his little stuffed dog before he ran out for school and said here mommy I am giving this to you...know why? Cause I love you. When he is playing and randomly runs in the room to say hey mom i love ya and runs back out--the best....the only better thing is when he runs in and wraps me in the tight hold of a 5 year old hug. These are the moments we get to remember forever. be proud of the fact you taught him how to love so deeply!