Saturday, August 18, 2007

He came to me a King...

(reposting this earlier piece, someone with some SERIOUS issues posted a 3 page comment that had nothing do with...well just the inner workings of uhhhh yeah...anyway reposting...feedback please)

inscribed love letters to self
to see worth with each blink
until they fall from grace
silently caressing the air
but with heavy repercussions
upon my heart.

the words "i love you"
have a thousand different meanings
yet, its only one i want defined,
the way "i love you" escapes from his eyes,
from his lips...is secondary.

conquering land stitched in seams
unraveling since i could remember
braiding then into his now.
what was before you?

molding my body of regrets
in his forgiving hands
i was reborn
he, so patient
i, in mourning

let me bury my past
within the bend of his neck
as he whispered their eulogies
across earlobes
each word spoken
returned an angel to watch over us.

he calls me his sunshine,
i have crowned him king
a warrior who fought through time
to capture our first moment
his spear plunged deep
into the realm of our existance
claiming his land
claiming his queen

no questions asked
we were the answers spoken
on each other's lips long ago
he asks nothing of before,
but knows i am more than it will ever be.

he fights for namesakes
not thought of yet
but the stars whisper their names
into my womb
every night he enters his kingdom
praying this will be the moment
my womb whispers their names back....

(not finished of course...still rough around the edges)

No comments: