Saturday, March 11, 2006

Still Just a Girl

So much is going on now with poetry. its like all of a sudden there is something everyday and everynight to do. to a poet, this is both exhausting and exhilarating!
tonight though, my lil girl...well she's now 13, but always my lil girl ya know...she wanted a spur of the moment sleep-over with her best friend. kings of poetry was tonite and our monthly drive to freeverse in san antonio....
but one look into her beautiful browns...and i was like what poetry??
so we had daddy pick up a mess of wings from pluckers, kicked our feet up and became silly silly silly!
they are now singing off of the top of their lungs an old ashanti song. totally off key at times, but i love it!! they are in the process of putting some dance moves together...damn these 2 can dance...i must supervise those hips!!
it is the start of spring break and the weekend, so any regular bedtime hour is out the question. daddy and i love the entertainment they are providing anyway.
her lil brother, now 11, is too goofy to be allowed in her room. so he is sulking and off on his own.
i find myself smiling at the events unfolding. how innocent it all is. how pure. how sweet.i don't want this to ever change for them, yet that is not reality unfortunetly. and that saddens me. soon giggles will be replaced with tears from a broken heart. board games and made up dances with kisses and OH GOD-SEX!! i pray she never stops wanting my hugs and kisses, or snuggle with me when watching tv.
she is an amazing lil girl, growing so fast into a beautiful young lady...sigh...also a budding poet (she adores mahogany browne).
i pray as well, when she gets to be my age, she is able to once again capture her youth with her best friend...wearing fuzzy rainbow slippers, singing off key at the top of their lungs, dancing like no tomorrow, and just being silly silly silly!!
Just being a girl....

2 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Me too. I will lead the band. I can even hold onto my nappy lil rainbow slippers for her. :)

I wanna dance soon too mama. Singin of key like Biz Markie. :)

Love you mama....and if it makes you feel any better, I still loooooove playing games and hanging with my mom. So dont worry. I am a grown ass woman and me and my sister still love to play with our parents. :)

Angel said...

"just being a girl..." This post definitely sounds like a poem to me Shelle!