Friday, January 20, 2006

Mangos By Moonlight

I wait for u
beneath willow trees-under willow leaves
soft rain weeping
like
fallen sentiments-tickling my senses
tongue searches slowly
tasting memories-in corners of lips
I smile
and allow my mind to wander...
u braid jasmin and honeysuckle within my hair
run with wild abandon thru sunflowers
swaying on intimate breezes
you catch me-i let you
at the river's edge-winding like destined paths
always changing-always constant
barefoot in cool water-soothing
pebbles skipping across lucid insanity
rings begin-never ending
outward rhythms-hollow melodies
cling to our ankles-reverberating across our souls
one simple kiss
stung like scorpions-smooth like honey
we drink each other
becoming intoxicated-anebriated
thirsty for completion-quenched by desire
absorbing needs-dissolving wants
you draw me nearer
fullness of breast-pressed against chest
heartbeats and heartbreaths-synchronize
head resting in bend of neck-lips within creases
I smile
and i allow my mind to wander...
embarrassed by our passion
the sun hid itself within your locks
so we made love in canefields-by voyeristic moonlight
sugar pilows-bed of rich earth
you drip mango flavored raindrops on my skin
sticky succulence-wetness
between fingers-between thighs-between toes
dampening my crown-glistening shades of gold
tips stirring my hues
lips conjuring stars
hips searching for God
pondering meaning of life-upon temple doors
finding divinity within
yearning-wanting more
whole body rises to receive
every part of u-fitting perfectly-into me
positive space taking up the negative
the ebb-the flow
the yin-the yang
called u and i
hands entertwined-eyes lock
searching for questions-to answers never spoken-but understood
river winding-river changing-again
the wind plays with whispers of seduction
blowing gently across my body
like sweet promises etched into angel's lips
i smile-memories of heaven
or is this madness contained?
as i allow my mind to wander...
to scents of jasmin and honeysuckle
to river's edge and cool waters
to sunflowers and canefields
to mango flavored raindrops
in corners of lips-tasting memories
tongue searches slowly
tickling my senses-fallen sentiments
like
soft rain weeping
under willow leaves-beneath willow trees
i wait for u

5 comments:

joey said...

wow...had to remind myself to breathe....

Shelle said...

thanks babygirl...felt good to write

CousinSarah said...

Girl--you know I love this piece. Jasmine and Honeysuckle baby.

Relentless said...

this piece is absolutely umm..... amazing.... no..... i can't find the word to describe the pictures painted in this poem, it is sweet like honeysuckle

Shelle said...

thank u, stuff has been coming so much lately...become a prisoner to it...loss of sleep n shyt...waking me up from dreams...crazy...but welcoming