Friday, January 20, 2006

Cause I Was Tagged Again

My Life...My Poem

My Name:Michelle...Desi...shelle...MichelleDesiree...butterfly

Childhood Ambition: to be a vetenarian(sp) and own my own art gallery

First Job: Maljazur(lisa) n i designing carnival games in my grandmother's front yard, n charging our friends...like i was maybe 6/7?

Last Purchase: damn, when was the last time i had some money? oh, head of lettuce and tomatoes

Indulgence: bubblebaths...journaling...caramel(all 3 at once OMG)

Fondest Memory: sitting @ Cafe De Monde, New Orleans, overcast day, drizzling, sipping on coffee and eating those sinful powder beignettes (sp), watching horse drawn carriages and people watching...it was like the world had decided to slow down and become a lil sweeter. i will never forget it.

Soundtrack: Carwash....ya'll remember that one????? still got my lp..HA!

Retreat: my bedroom, very royale. makes me feel queenly.

Wildest Dream: the Purple One (not Barney)singing to me in a bubblebath, writing poetry as he drizzles caramel on my.........

Proudest Moment:there were 3...Jessica, Taylor, and Kameron

Biggest Challenge: dealing w/ this entity called me

Alarm Clock: the Creator

Perfect Day: easy one, talking to my kids...then good friends, good food, good fun, good drinky drinks, laughter and damn good poetry

Favorite Movie: The Color Purple/Their Eyes Were Watching God (for the love dreamt of...w/o killing my man though)

Inspiration: taylor's smile and my neosoul poets

My Poem: Despite The Hunger by Alice Walker

Tag??? I think everyone has been it already!

3 comments:

TwistedNoggin said...

That Carwash soundtrack just never gets old. I love it.

CousinSarah said...

Giiiirl, sometimes you gotta kill ya man. LOL. (Did I say that out loud?) You are right...gonna have to add that one to my movie list now as well as books.

BRING ON THE NEOOOOO.

bRandy said...

still so much in common...i LOVE caramel...have a very similar great memory at Cafe Du Mond people-watching...and Their Eyes Were Watching God is my #1 favorite book (the movie was great as well). you and me never cease to amaze me...