Monday, May 16, 2005

Therapy In The Form Of A Pen

So the 2 males retreat to a corner to decide the ensuing fate of us all in the form of a writing assignment. One subject...4 letters, 2 word choices each decided by others at random...or was it? I don't believe in accidents or coincidence, cause all my life fate has knocked heavy on this girl's door. We get our papers, one by one retreating to spaces to think-to write. My eyes cast down as my head hung low...fate once again enticing me to reveal more of me..."i dare u it whispers".
I retreat upstairs into a dark corner, where as usual i am most comfortable. 20 minutes was too long it seemed, for the words came quick. As I looked at my subject scrawled across the top of torn notebook paper, the words flooded my mind. "Why I Cry.?" I add a period and a question mark, both a valid statement and a valid question. I can't do this. Yes u can. Too damn revealing. You are among friends. You are among love. So once again the flow continues, not to be stopped by the barrier called me. I am satisfied with what is written. A sigh escapes my lips. Escapes my heart. Escapes my soul. I return myself downstairs trying not too look into eyes of Me. Will he understand? He cannot look into eyes of He...yes he understands. He plays with thick tresses and writes on skin, as i play with fallen angels and pick at the piles on the carpet.
Why do I?
Why do I.
I do because I cry

3 comments:

joey said...

dammit shelle....you are amazing, so amazing. i'm speechless (imagine that). you are certainly among love and friends and the flow definitely continues.

bRandy said...

Shelle,
you called me your "newfound friend" but sometimes when you let me get a look into your soul, i am certain i have known you for a long time or in a previous life...or maybe it was just the hope that someone like you was out there which allows me to recognize you so completely now. either way, you are truly special and loved...be it new or old, close or from a distance, but definitely now and forever.

CousinSarah said...

Shelle-
Remember that crying is cleasing of the soul, getting it out so it doesnt drown you inside. Continue facing the things that most worry you, you will continue to find answers to what you are looking for and make it through the things that arent as they seem. Keep flowing and ebbing, and the pen will get you through it, always. Much Love.