Saturday, May 07, 2005

"Promise Me" she said

Her son-in-law gone unexpectedly, gone too soon, a life unfulfilled. Her daughter, pain so unbearable, she is now under dr's care. A mother, through paused whispers, "I don't think she will ever be the same again." A routine phone call, became a source of hope. She pleaded..."promise me you will enjoy your life, live everyday to the fullest, enjoy everyday, and live out your dreams." Did she know me? How did she know? Through tear filled eyes, i did promise her i would...she said "thankyou." Did I make as much a difference in her life in that 5min conversation, as she did mine? I will never know. She will never know. But the words "promise me"....will be a welcomed haunting for the rest of my days. A stranger. hundreds of miles away. across a phone line. her rope to me. she didn't even know how her pain became my blessing.
So it continues, with YOU the reader....."PROMISE ME"

No comments: