Tuesday, July 01, 2008

her journey continues...just not here


always the slight mona lisa smile
she knew the secrets we wanted to know
kept them in the upcurve of that grin
kept them behind the fire gracing her eyes
besides the words birthed from her mouth
it is her eyes and that smile i will remember the most
20 some odd years the earth was happy
for her feet walked fully upon it
seems heaven was jealous
and wanted her back
i don't fully understand
yes i am angry
mothers are not suppose to bury their own
not suppose to bury their only
forgive me for questioning You
but what right do you have...?!
i know we are selfish
but you must understand who shannon is...
for i will never say who she was...
go head queen
continue on your path
teach the angels why they must fly
kiss the sudanese children goodnight
mend the fences that were breaking
show us what it means to live
write on the hem of His garment
close the holes in His palms
make Him blush with the words "Fuck Me Human"
go head warrior
do your thing
we will be watching the skys
knowing every shooting star
is really you throwing your spear
thank you for allowing me to know you
but dammit
dammit
dammit!!!

5 comments:

Raging Bull said...

And I love you too.

Copasetic Soul said...

nice piece....

she will be missed!

CousinSarah said...

I have been trying to figure out what to write...

This is beautiful Shelle...

Vocabulous said...

Said so poetically yet sooo very true. My broke beneath my skin to see Sheila at Bfrans party. Every poem was a reminder. I love my family thank you for writing what so many of us can not.

Ebony Stewart said...

Beautiful.
Strange how this loss and heavens gain has been so unbelieveably hard for me.