Friday, November 09, 2007

Fantastic Fridays...


--for the one who continuously blesses me, there are never enough thank you's to say, but i am always grateful
--for a great poetic weekend with the neo fam...exposing folks to the new
--for getting my wheels back...YES
--for seeing kami's eyes light up when he sees his mom and dad in the stands
--for tarik not having a cracked ankle, just really bad sprang.
--for seeing my mom, its been too long
--for knowing and feeling that He was with me on the mic last night
--for my babygirl...for my babygirl...for my babygirl...we are in a real good place right now
--for the night she and my brother decide to come out to neo...everything for a reason
--for the women of neo doing it and doing it, and doing it WELL
--for you sending me pix that cracked me up, and the kind words that followed
--for herm and june, fellow poets and the audience...my heart is full
--for you getting on the mic again, yeah that was needed babygirl...don't forget to txt me lol
--for days the world is weighing heavy and things just ain't right, i can still find a lil good in it...its important to my sanity
--for new words, some not quite ready to be spoken, but want to be written

3 comments:

my coffee is always said...

to say you did well last night would be a diservice, saying somehow you weren't ready or able.. so, i'd like to say thanks for living up to our expectations. it has been such an amazing month or so with neo... and am proud that you are CARVING your space and place.. now on to more HAPPY pics.. are you ready to pose?

Ebony Stewart said...

Awesome job last night, like I said, the best you've ever performed those pieces! Great list, beautiful smiles. Doing it and doing it and doing it WELL-we did indeed!

Angel said...

how fitting that the peace symbol is made with butterflies...! you trying to tell us something poet? or should that be prophet? :-)