Monday, November 05, 2007

Da Weekend...



....was rejuvinating indeed. Drove down to san antonio saturday night for "The Recipe"...a lil shin dig vocab, glo, and savant entertainment put together. great night of poetry, music, and laughs....best part, i have 2...first, riding down there with all my brothers...second, being able to feature with my neo family....felt good again.
by the way kevin sandbloom is a nut!! i really like how more and more he reveals himself when around us...he is a comedian!
Then sunday headed out to giddings for another show @ Tony's house. we made a quick stop @ an old friend's resting place. love you tweety.
the place was packed, and the poets showed out. tony's chest was stuck out lol. i would say 98% of the folks there had NEVER been exposed to spoken word...so it was a treat two-fold. all the different styles present, no ego's, no competetion, no whatever...just sharing of selves, a plush red carpet, and words...good words. the impromptu haiku death match was too funny! but once again, we came together, rode together, laughed together...ALL of us felt damn good together.
much needed...my spirit is full.

5 comments:

Copasetic Soul said...

ya'll just down there doing it. wish the people here could roll like that!

oh well.

Ebony Stewart said...

Awww ya'll look so cute! Glad you had a good weekend and that your poetry got to be heard!

Angel said...

i LOVE pictures when people are just chillin! those are always the best because if taken at the right time, other people can actually "feel" like they were really there!

my coffee is always said...

it was a lot of fun.. I'm paying for it with my old butt too... Can't roll like I used to, but I'm gettingin shape to do so.. hahahahahaha

Raquita said...

I miss feeling like this and I miss your blog - I don't know why you wern't in my blog roll- you are now in my reader - I won't be missin any more