Thursday, July 19, 2007

So Much...


--for all the blessings Creator & She allow
--for what these eyes see
--for kami's accident not being as bad, but dang it was ewwwww
--for my kids...nuff said
--for an incredible night of slam poetry at big brotha b's...like wow
--for seeing college station rock the mic, they are hungry and it shows
--for the U21 team moving me to heaving tears...there are no words to explain how i feel about these kids, especially my boys...
--for them making and daring me to be better writers
--for late night talks as you sat at my feet
--for great cyphers
--for the spirit of poets...all of us are incredible group of people
--for the nerves starting to kick in, its so close to nationals
--for some hellified women on my team
--for your txts letting us know they came in FIRST today!!
--for starlit nights and cool breezes
--for all of my kids being with me, while laughing over burgers and fries at Fran's
--for being a mom

4 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Yes to being a mom
Yes to kids
Yes to starlit nights.

Yes to the U21 team--they are INCREDIBLY talented young poets.

bRandy said...

beautiful list...always thankful for others and others' successes...one of the many reasons we're so thankful for you.
bRandy

Angel said...

don't know ANYTHING about being a mom, but hell yes for the spirits of poets!!!! :-)

Copasetic Soul said...

yes to ALL that you wrote!!