Monday, September 25, 2006

More For The Day...

she received a traffic ticket, a class C misdemeanor, for knocking a child out of his shoes (who is recovering but still fighting for his life) just because your ass was in a hurry. the irony is she is a teacher. shaking head still.
------------
more what da hell on Kinky...seems an old standup routine has surfaced...uh yes he was a standup comedian...evidently he still thinks he is...anyway, yeah in the routine he did say the word nigger and several other racial remarks...interesting huh? wonder what the polls will say?
------------
Fasting and prayer is really something you must prepare yourself for, which i did not, and it is nothing to take lightly. i realize i must try my own version to become successful, and that is okay...as long as the end result is the same, right?
Much prayer and meditation
no solids during the sun hours, but i do drink herbal teas and water
no red meat or pork
limited chicken and fish, soon take out the chicken for awhile though.
much self reflection and reconnecting
being still and listening more...
next year i will prepare myself better, but for now this will do just fine. for me.
-----------
love me through this
love me through myself
teach me what it is u need
despite what u want
look past my fears
look past my smile
where i hide the best
walk in my path to understand
point the way to a new one
take my hand and lead me
sometimes i fall behind
sometimes i just fall
catch me or soften the ground
blow the dust off
dry out these wings
are you still there?
just love me through this
just love me through myself....
(letter to me from me)

8 comments:

CousinSarah said...

teach me what it is u need
despite what u want
look past my fears
look past my smile
where i hide the best


Hell yeah girl. Speak on it.

Angel said...

again, very proud of you and your self-reflection time. i once read a quote that said, "pain is hard, but living is divine." by the way, i have something to keep you company on your journey. i will bring it wednesday night. :-)

my coffee is always said...

catch me or soften the ground..
likes

Ebony Stewart said...

"just love me through this
just love me through myself...."

Nicely put and done poet.

Copasetic Soul said...

yea....the total fasting thing is no joke, it really is a process. just do what you can.

I liked the piece...short, sweet and deep.

Raging Bull said...

I like the poem. reminds me of what i am trying to bring out. On the fasting, take your time as the body needs to learn to adapt. Remember, we take baby steps before we can walk.

Hugs!!

joey said...

just love me through this
just love me through myself...

yesss

Shelle said...

to all...much love, journey is a lot easier with you all in it.:)