Monday, August 14, 2006

LIKE....WOW!!

i am still trying to wrap my mind around this past week
trying to find the words...even still
where to start? how about the end...
we never expected to get as far as we did, we did want to at least get to semi's...like wow we made it alllll the way to the FINAL stage!
its hard for me to even type the words...we are ranked second in the nation, and the top ranked texas team.
it was bittersweet not being up there with our sister team, the austin slam team...they have showed us nothing but love...thanku...i know without them there would be no us ya know.
the support shown by the neosoul crowd was amazing. they were there everynight cheering us on...i am sure i can speak for the team on this one..."THANKYOU, from the bottom of our hearts. Words are not enough for the show of support you have shown each one of us."
the poets i have long admired...
-rachel and anis make me want to throw away all my notebooks and pens for i am not worthy
the new friends i have made...
the words i have heard...
the lil moments, that proved to be most memorable...
-receiving a hug from Rachel, after giving her a cup of my hot tea (we were both having voice issues...i am still messed up)
-taylor mali wanting to speak to me about my piece, i was in such awe standing before him...i don't remember the whole conversation...dammit
-the tight hugs from women who appreciated the importance of 'dollology'
-kim and i having a moment...we did it girl
-seeing my baby brother with open arms for me on the final stage
-seeing the proud look on my daddy's face every damn night....been waiting for that for years now
-when you said you missed me....me too...me too
-seeing my brotha joe b. on a street corner with about 30-40 other poets singing his ass off...ON TOP OF THE MUTHFUCKIN' WORLD...JUST SHINING'!!
-watching erin leave her heart on stage, getting through the tears with encouragement...she speaks from the purest place...i believe one of the most unappreciated poets though
-meeting copasetic soul for the very first time, but feeling like old friends
-breaking down into a bubblin' mess @ ego's during semi's, so much just pent up inside...i knew before anyone said a word, after 'voices' we would be in finals...i just knew...sooo overwhelming
-watching kim's reaction after realizing where we were ranked wed. night....priceless!
-ok so i have a million more, but this blog space is not big enough for them alllllll.
it has been so humbling...i want to keep this feeling always.
i am sure all this week's blogs will be about nat's...so i apologize now.
i think it will be a couple of days, if not longer, before i start writing again...what i have seen and heard last week...i realize i am such a baby still when it comes to writing and performance.
but i feel the words brewing deep...so much more inside wanting to be freed ya know...just waiting for the damn to release, and hope that i am ready.
my teammates...well, got some words for you too...just not right now...but damn i love ya'll!

8 comments:

Angel said...

so so so so so proud of you girl! shelle, you KICKED MAJOR ASS on that final stage! i mean, damn! where did the "sexy babygirl" voice go???? you rocked the hell outta "Box" and made me smile about my childhood during "Dollology." you have GROWN in leaps and bounds boo. you deserve all the accolades and attention that you receive because you definitely earned your keep ma'am! so glad that i know you! :-)

CousinSarah said...

Right??? You found your voice for got dawg real. I know you all were strugglin with Dollology...but there was not even a HINT of that on stage. You did great and I am very very proud of you all....seriously.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAATT?

Anonymous said...

thank you for making me feel like family....for letting me play in your your hair....for all the hugs.... for using your shoulder to rest my head....for sitting next to me at IHOP....for finding your voice on finals night...for letting me share the experience with you...

Thank You!

Copasetic Soul said...

that last post was me...my bad

thank you for making me feel like family....for letting me play in your your hair....for all the hugs.... for using your shoulder to rest my head....for sitting next to me at IHOP....for finding your voice on finals night...for letting me share the experience with you...

Thank You!

bRandy said...

nothing short of amazing. and something i knew i could not miss...went straight from the emergency room to the finals--just could not bear to miss it. and i am oh-so-glad i didn't. phenomenal...truly.

Shelle said...

angel, your support of us, of me is beyond words. quietly always reminding me, everything is going to be alright...to just keep doing 'me'...glad i listened...glad we are friends

sarah, damn...everything for a reason right...hopefully something better..and thanku for all the yells, screams, jumping up n down and WHATS!! lol

copa, u feel like family cause u are...miss u baby
uh, u wrong for the anonymous

b, thanku for the support and love always...didn't get my hug...emergency room, all ok?

BigSleep666 said...

Shelle, you earned every single one of those moments. Congratulations.

bRandy said...

you know missing the hug was my loss...but you were already having throat issues and i had just left the ER with fever and strep throat...didn't want to give it to you...but couldn't miss your moment to shine...one of many in your life i have no doubt