Thursday, October 27, 2005

conversation standing barefoot on 135 @ 1am

me: hi
officer: how r u?
me: fine
officer: i pulled u over because your registration has expired
me: yes sir
officer: may i see you dl, proof of registration, and insurance please
me: yes sir (shit im gone...handed him id, insurance, and registration)
officer: you don't have an license?
me: not anymore sir
officer: how old r u?
me: 37 sir
officer: you know better right?
me: yes sir i do
officer:hold on (walks to his car)
me: (crap i'm soooo gone)
officer: ma'am do u have shoes on?
me: no sir
officer:can u put them on?
(now i know im gone)
me: my shoes were killing me sir, do i have to put them back on
officer: thats up to u, please come back here with me
(i turn to put my phone down....female cop smiling at me from passenger side...where the hell did she come from?...her hand was on her gun...images of me getting my head blown off...images of others getting the same fate)
officer: have u been drinking tonite?
me: yes sir
officer: how many?
me: one drink sir.........(YEAH RIGHT)
officer: have u had any illicit drugs tonite?
me: no sir........(YEAH RIGHT)
officer: then u wouldn't mind if i have my dog come and search your car
me: no sir not at all(trying not to flinch, calling his bluff.....there really was no dog)
officer: where r u coming from?
me: antonios
officer: u wk there?
me: no sir, i am a poet...we have an open mic every wednesday (crap just told him how to find me....wondering if i should invite him to the showcase on sat?)
officer: you know if i really want to push the issue i would say that tag on your window is illegal
me: the green one sir?
me: yes sir, you would be right
officer: thank u for your honesty (then proceeds to issue me 4 citations)
officer: please take care of these before next month okay
me: i will sir, thank u
officer: have a good night ma'am
me: the same to u sir
crap crap crap double crap
so honesty is the best policy
anybody got a money tree i can have?

8 comments:

my coffee is always said...

Butterfly, I am happy that your wings were not clipped last evening. Even happier that you made it home safely....
thir13teen

CousinSarah said...

MY baby girl....you and I had mutual heartattacks last night. I was like call me back, call me back. I AM SO THANKFUL that you made it home ok.

I LOVE YOU! I just buried a dime outside and watered...we will see what happens.... ;)

Shelle said...

13 my dear, i must apologize for my actions last night...i was not myself...forgive me...and i talk too damn much
sarah lol, u think u were having a heartattack lol...whew!!
will get a designated driver from now on for wed...dammit i know better

my coffee is always said...

Apology? I have no idea what you are talking about.. You must fill me in. Did I forget something?

Relentless said...

I am very glad your okay, that would've been a bad situation, but we are always looked out for

CousinSarah said...

Hell yeah, I was like--I am gonna have to drive ALL the way back to get her out of jail AND sell my body along the way to raise the bail fund!! And you know you'da been there for a minute then! LOL!

PS. aint nuthin happened with the dime yet either. :)

bRandy said...

Shelle,
I haven't been to the blog site in a while...what a story to come back to!! I am so glad you are alright--don't forget I am here so if you ever do find yourself in a sticky situation, hit me up--i'm right up the road and i give a damn...thought i'd remind you...
-Brandy

Anonymous said...

glad you are ok. i would have rounded up the SW1's and would have
come down there to FREE you!!

we aint skurred of the po-lice.