Friday, October 21, 2005

Observing thru the haze w/in my mind

wedneday night i did not partake in the feast of the-as usual-hot azz mic. several reasons as to why. it was quite an interesting experience just merely watching. i had to leave my seat and stand against the wall to really take it all in. People never fail to amaze me....and poets, well we are in a league of our own. i saw perfection ats its peak, saw some who just needed to be heard, saw weights lifted and burdens shifted. i saw the timid hide what they dare not read, of you i say comeback please.i saw how some crave the mic, for it is the only place they are able to be heard. i saw smiles, grimaces, rolling of the eyes, and tears fall. i saw myself then, now, and where i want to be, in all of these faces. i am coming to yet another crossroad in my life. strange feeling, like traveling on a path made but no stones unturned yet, the setting sun at your back and the moon is your only source of light. bring a light jacket, winds of change are coming.
i feel her screaming at me w/in the lining of my soul. she is tired of my own mediocracy, has always expected more of me...yet i always let myself down. she has words dying to be heard, but will i die before they are heard?
i feel her fire burning, but i keep water by my pen....why?
pray for the poet god's to sacrifice my soul for her freedom...for her words to be heard.

4 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Keep movin sister and you wont have a choice but to document that journey. Movement for you and a loose blueprint for others to follow.

Love you girl.

my coffee is always said...

I thought I say you across the way... You were moving swifter than ever before, and I was pleased for you as well as your soul. I hope our paths continue to criss cross, as we share the same roads, foothills and streams... My Sister, it is so beautiful in this place. I sat out for nearly a month after attending NATS, I will make it a habit. There is nothing more than centering oneself, challenging oneself, making goals, and placing bets for and against oneself. In the end, there is no earthly creature that can tell you that you have won, that you are a winner.... Don't compete against anyone but yourself... I will see you on the other side of the mountain.... love you, peace on your journey..
thir13teen

Shelle said...

my beloved sister....tears fall as i read your words, you have touched the deepest part of me. i know u understand what we choose to hide and what masks we choose to adorn. i will look for you, reach out to you when the journey get rough
thank u

my coffee is always said...

Sister, sometimes, and only when you want.... you don't have to look..... I will be right beside you... Others, I am only a few steps away...... Throw the masks away... You are beautiful!!!!! Inside and Out.
thir13teen