Wednesday, July 08, 2009

This. Now. Always.

cyclonic dreams pierce eyelids
with chaotic realities
Zeus tendencies calms the storms swirling
as healing kisses
stitch gaping wounds closed
sandcastle wishes hold strong past the tides
with pearl understanding
hidden in the jewels of her eyes,
in a sea of men...
there she stands
my island...
waiting for me to swim to her shores
for she knows there is safety in her number of one
knows in order to capture the butterfly
she must first allow its freedom
to sit still and long enough for i
to land softly on her shoulder
and i did
and i will
stay
always
giving butterfly kisses
wrapping wings around her locked vines
drinking her sweet nectar
pollinating her heart
where flowers bloom in abundance....
how did i get so lucky
this lifetime?
she is my karma incarnate
good deeds paid forward
my amen at the end of every prayer
cheesy lines etched in the corners of my cheesy smile
just can't help it
checklists complete
yet still didn't see this one coming
God you knew i needed her
even before she was born
so you took your time getting her to me
knowing perfection was at hand
knowing the pain prepared me for understanding of self
of her
of love
i wouldn't change any of that....for this
this
kind
of
love
is...
is...
simply rare
God you knew she needed me
even before she was born
so you took your time getting me to her
knowing i needed to be ready for her greatness
knowing she needed my kinda love
just as much as i needed hers
yeah,
this kinda of love...
i knew it would be good
but never like this

thank u

so i only have one question,
"can we embarrass the universe with our love,
and cause even Venus to blush?"

she whispers, yes baby...
we already are

...a poem in progress...yet will never be finished (smile)

4 comments:

bRandy said...

you amaze me.

joey said...

So THAT'S how she writes when she's in love... sigh

Shelle said...

b...you are the one who is truly amazing...you just bring this out in me

joey...yes, smile, yes it is...finally

CousinSarah said...

omg, im trying to not cry noticibly. I love you both. beautiful ma.

This is just plain f*&#@^ AWESOME!