Monday, November 10, 2008

Grateful Still....

--for moments i acknowledge in gratitude
--for the tour coming together very well and the help from others
--for the freedom to do so...we will work on working for the man full time when i get back lol
--for the love i keep within, and the love i give outwardly
--for morning texts to keep me smiling
--for dark days and bright days...all a part of me
--for you always trying to "fix it"
--for family...by blood or otherwise...still family
--for understanding....coming slowly...but still it's coming
--for girlfriend hangouts...i think if someone watch us they would report us to the crazy farm lol
--for girlfriends i can be myself with
--for long distance flirts...don't make me get my passport sir lol
--for young stars turning into young warriors before our eyes
--for the pen moving again....deeply bleeding
--for laughter the only way you can bring it...love you lion
--for understanding again....of self, and why i do what i do the way i do it...my beat is different...and that is fine by me
--for wanting to give everything...yet my cup will always remain full when i see your smile
--for being part of a great group of poets...yeah sis i know, its different now...but at least we were part of it all...it has shaped our world somewhat...so many of us have laid the path for others to follow...though there will never be roadtrips like ours
--for music that makes me feel all melancholy inside...or want to bust your windows out LOL LOL...not really
--for the people of this nation finally getting a voice....NOW YOU HEAR US....i pray he will remember

2 comments:

my coffee is always said...

Good list.
Man, I mis it sometimes, then I look over at you and B, and think, it's stil here. It's different, but it's here.
It is good to see you finding yourself again. You are becoming the "woman of old"!!! It feels good doesn't it? And, if I may add, you are wearing her very WELL...

Shelle said...

thank you...but do i want to be the woman of old lol...trying to be fresh and new lol