Thursday, October 19, 2006

Gratitude Wednesdays....okay its Thursday

--seeing tawanna shine even brighter when she saw her souljahs and fellow poets front and center
--being very pleased to see him, so unexpected...still feel like a school girl sometimes
--being inspired
--hugs from strangers when words touch them
--your soft face
--road trips
--peanut butter cookies
--love songs....not sex songs
--hugs from my children
--seeing my oldest babygirl...wish she would stay
--she is so much like me
--screaming at the voices to leave me alone lol
--ms josephine's creativity...and hard work
--knowing u like to play games with the mind, but u will never have mine
--neo neo neo neo neo neo neo SOUL!!
--eventhough your show was cancelled due to weather and mixups, still got to chat a bit.
--having a good time and exposing others to the world of spoken word who have never experienced it before...UT's Campus Fusion.
--whenever he wraps his hands around these double based hips
--safely crossing an entry ramp, high grass, and a frontage road to safety ON FOOT!
--car not getting towed to the unknown lol
--for mamas that didn't birth me, but call me friend.
--for acknowledging my fears and insecurities
--for late night calls to check on me
--for my bad ass boots
--for rain
--for cool days, cooler nights
--for long gratitude lists

6 comments:

bRandy said...

i always love your grateful lists...you hit on things that i know seem personal to you, but almost always have a universal quality or gratitude lesson...at least for me...thanks. and thanks for you comment on my last post...thanks for understanding me...that takes a lot more than people think it does.

Ebony Stewart said...

Are you talking about those white boots? GURL IF SO YOU WAS GETTIN IT!
That damn Neo-need I say more...well I guess I can...cause everytime I hear the Dollology, it "sends chills up my spine!"
Nice list, and it doesn't matter if its thursday.

Copasetic Soul said...

love songs...not sex songs
something lost in most songs these days.

hugs from strangers when words touch them yep, yep

can you post more?

CousinSarah said...

YEAAAAAAA to the rain.

YES to cooler nights, even tho the weatherman keeps playin with my emotions about how cool it will be during the day.

Yes, good poetry.

Yes, neo. Sometimes, too often it seems, I forget its healing powers.

still grooven said...

I LOVE LISTS! your's is beautiful!

Angel said...

hahahahahah @ ebony! that piece resonates with so many females...dammit...i have such a talented group of "froets" (friend poets)! hahahahahha