Monday, February 13, 2006

The Poison of Women

forgive me 'cause i'm pissed, but still needing to say something
if u get offended...i don't give a fuck!!

did u think we were kindred spirits?
think again
don't compare mine to yours just because u were the one who got fucked!
what wicked webs we weave...
you hug on me, kiss on me
leaving behind poison on my cheeks
and uneasiness in my soul
so quick to turn corners and whispers behind doors
showed me your true self, and u wondered why i was so quick to leave
would rather been in the streets than one more day in the hell u paint
what wicked webs we weave...
i see your kind often
trying to fit in to be in
disguised as a friend
but your knife still drips of others backs
the stench of u
worse than the morgue
cause u keep coming back
what wicked webs we weave...
think your whispers go unnoticed?
but i hear u loud and clear
even in a room full of words
words pecking at me like jealous hens
pecking away at my shell
not realizing desi always got my back
so BACK THE FUCK OFF!!

this is not about just one, but a few i know. to those who choose to whisper, make a fucking mental note to be in another zip code around me. I have amazing hearing. Old saying goes: keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer.
damn that felt freeing...
who got next?

4 comments:

Angel said...

Women never cease to amaze me either. Even when you think you know somebody, you still don't know them. "Be your own best friend and you'll never be disappointed." By the way, I got your back too boo, just let me know if/when I need to wrap my locks up!!! :)

joey said...

sounds like the gang needs to get together and kick some a$$! come on down mo'!

CousinSarah said...

AW NAW...WHAT THA...WHO DID IT?? WHAT HAPPENED??? AAAAAAAWWWW NAW.

Hold on, lemme get my hair wrapped up and some vasaline...come on!

my coffee is always said...

I understand your frustration. Not sure if I agree 100%. Am sure you are describing historically, not an individual. I, too, once believed this. However, three things changed in my life dramatically. 1) The death of my GRAND.. the last of my village. 2) Meliaceae/ELM (My Gurl and My Girl.) 3) Taking and using all the women in my village and these two special ones to change my perception and view of my definition of a woman. Amazingly, today, I know what a woman is. I know what a female is. And on rare occassions, when I have to, I know how to identify and avoid Beyouches... Pray you are soon able to do the same.