Monday, June 06, 2005

Academic but Inspiring

I know, I know some may say it is futile or so academic, but i find or poet writing labs inspirational. I love words as well...don't most poets. I mean we give life to otherwise mundane words. Make the ordinary into extraordinary. Make new definitions and bend the rules.
writing exercise:given a subject/given letters/pick words w/group/then given 20min to write using these words
My subject: Jazz & Life
words: everlasting/euphoria
acoustic/ascension
creative/conception
ovulate/original
I sit back and reminisce
as far back as before
before when life was as melodious as a child's laughter
playing on front porches
innocent in its simplicity
everlasting soulful beats ovulate
as the conception of this being comes into existance
an original score
written among smokey rooms and back alleys
storms brewing
i close my eyes
feeling the rain drum against my skin
each raindrop falls where it is suppose to hit
a beat
a cadence
creative order written
as soothing but still haunting as Thelonious and Miles
creating a euphoria of song and dance
that only thru my ascension in life
do i understand its rhythm

1 comment:

CousinSarah said...

I love this piece girl. You need to do a sequel additionally playing off the juke joint imagery. You have the method for it. As far back as before....love it.