Wednesday, April 22, 2009

he teaches me well how to hate him, and loves me more for it
he teaches me well how to love him, and hates me more for it
--------------------------------------------
i can mindfuck you to satisfaction
with each flick of my tongue
using my metaphors as dreamy pillows
and my similes to keep you warm
--------------------------------------------
i gave you the name Morgan Michelle
because a piece of me died with you
before you could take one single breath

one hand a tight fist, the other 5 lil fingers spread open
as if holding on and letting go simultaneously
to the umbilical cord that binded us both no longer
--------------------------------------------
this is me...deal with it!
--------------------------------------------
my stomach bloats from all the bones i had to swallow
closets were overflowing
and the walls were beginning to talk back
---------------------------------------------
i see him
struggling
everyday
trying
to become the man
his father never was
trying
to become the man
his mother birthed him to be
but his instruction book disintegrated at the age of 15
the exact moment she took her last breath
he
running through the streets so fast
trying to go back to the moments before
before cancer no longer dined on her body
before the children said "where's mommy?"
his efforts proved futile
still
he has been searching for his best friend ever since
in every laugh
in every tear
in every memory burned into his cortex
like panoramic views
God can be cruel sometimes to a teenage boy.

5 comments:

Lyrically speaking said...

Ooooooooooooooh girl, this post is HOOOOOOOOOOT, love the ranting of this piece.

my coffee is always said...

you know i gotta get back with you on this.... am loving it...

Ebony Stewart said...

FuCKING DoPe!
Excuse my french, but whateva, you know me! It is what it is and I'm gone say it!
Lol.

Shelle said...

lyrically...sometimes i must quiet the voices with the randomness lol

kim...which one ya like?

eb...thanku sis...then say it girl!!

maljazur said...

Hurts so good to read...wow!