Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Another Wednesday of Gratitude, though Everyday I AM

-for experiencing life through a poet's eyes
-for going forward when so many others said no, or added roadblocks
-for one incredible trip
-for looking people in the eye, and touching their hand...we all should do this more often...its honest
-for traveling grace, prayers, and well wishes....thank you thank you
-for my glasses
-for my babies....they are simply incredible
-for knowing she is okay
-for strong arms to hold alllllllll this
-for seeing i have a gift, and believing it finally
-for you creeping into my dreams, its safer there so yeah i understand
-for that "feeling" again
-for my daddy's laugh...he turned 64 saturday
-for my daddy being so proud of his babygirl...he tells me now
-for cheering with Taylor's friends @ football game...they think i'm cool lol
-for my mother's happy tears after reading my lil' book of poetry
-for text messages that make me laugh
-for Joss Stone's voice OMG!
-for realizing some people are exactly what they show you (though their words will swear they are not), but its okay...learning to love and admire at arm's length
-for books of encouragement and strength....i heart you
-for you calling just to hear my voice, in need of a poem...(we had some good times, huh?)
-for family for family for family for family for family for family for family
-for holding hands while making love
-for deep sweet kisses lasting a lifetime
-for still believing in yesterday
-for NeoSoul tonight....been missing

6 comments:

Angel said...

"-for holding hands while making love
-for deep sweet kisses lasting a lifetime"


YES MA'AM! YES MA'AM! YES MA'AM!damn you and your sigh-inducing, awe-inspiring, breath-taking lists!!!! and you already know i "heart" you back ma'am! :-)

Ebony Stewart said...

I piggy back Angel, but these are the ones that really got me:
-for seeing i have a gift, and believing it finally
-for still believing in yesterday
-for my daddy's laugh...he turned 64 saturday
-for family for family for family for family for family for family for family

Girl I would just copy the whole list, but I think you get the point. Beautiful mama, just beautiful.
And we missed you too

SLUMP FACADE said...

"for my glasses", I can definitely dig it!

Copasetic Soul said...

what Angel said...AND

for experiencing life through a poet's eyes once i was blind but now i see!

i wanna send you text messages too!

bRandy said...

beautiful list michelle...and you know i feel you on the "for realizing some people really are what they show you even though their words would swear they aren't"...it sure is nice to not have to explain things sometimes...i can always count on you for that. thank you.

CousinSarah said...

Girl...life is just growin us huh??

Yes, being in love is beautiful, scary and beautiful.

Im still working on believing in my gift.

Shelle, I am so glad you got to take that trip, I really feel like you got to fill some of you missing parts in the space that was yours. Keep growin ma.